Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

California Spud

This board I shaped a while ago for our friend, Matt Coleman who we met through church and Santa Barbara Christian Surfers, which he leads.
Matt's a good surfer and wanted a small wave mush-buster.

So....California Spud -  modified.


Check out this Swallow Tail or Sqa-llow Tail. Actually, the name I initially came up with was Slingshot Tail because it looks like my son's wrist-rocket.
I've also seen it called the Jet Tail.


At 5'10  x  20  3/4  this outline has LOTS of curve!
This really gives the board the ability to skate and to utilize a smaller portion of the rail during turns.


The cool thing about this board is that Matt is just over 6 foot tall, about 180 lbs and a really good surfer.
He rode this in a lot of good surf at Rincon and Jalama and has since ordered more.

( Fin system: Lokbox. Fins: Bamboo 101)

2 comments:

  1. I love my Spud! It's my favorite board at Naples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love My Spud as well...
    http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=1864631&page=0&vc=1

    ReplyDelete