Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mesa Cafe Margaritas and Creative Mayhem

Some of our closest friends, Dave and Vicki, own Mesa Cafe...the best home-style food in SB County.

They have asked me to make some unique boards to display and sell there.

Dave's always given me the freedom to make boards that exercise my creative muscles.
(muscles that I use to curl the famous $2.50 margarita:)


Here I am putting a balsa/walnut tailblock on a Simster.

I used 3/8 dowling inserted 3 inches on both sides of the blank and the tailblock.




This is held on with Resin-X, with red pigment to add a splash of color.

And for something really unique, I added the foam tailblock that I had cut off of the original.




Now for the shaping and detailing....photos of completed project to follow.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Happy Hour!
Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment