Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Trusting Dad

Aaaah.....Sundays.
The one day that I know Russ will lay down the sandpaper, let the foam dust settle and I get him for the whole day.
We attend a church forty minutes from our new home and on the Sunday I play keyboards we leave the house at 7:15am....yawn.
It's worth it. Trust me. (Not listening to the keyboard part ... the church part:)

This morning, my car battery died twice before we even hit the freeway. The second time outside starbucks. We should have questioned stopping the car for coffee but coffee is my second savior.
When days start like that, life's lessons have told us to be expectant for something significantly good to come along.
And good things did....

After the service as we are tearing all the sound equipment down, our kids like to race across the stage and, with pure faith, launch their little bodies as far as they can off the front of the stage, throwing their arms back to achieve maximum velocity and distance, eventually landing in dad's arms. Zero hesitation of dad's strength and desire to catch them.
It's a sweet, thrilling moment of trust and I love to see our kids display that kind of blind faith.
It's my goal to become more like my kids. Jesus says the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who become like children.
Apart from the obvious benefits, like someone making sure my bowl of cheerios was waiting on the table every morning, it's the
pure trust, receptivity, teachability, humility, uninhibited joy and purity of children that I get excited to be more like.
Bring it on!

Merrick flying at the speed only her strong little muscular legs can carry her. The speed of an extreme sportswoman in the making.

Justice, a six year old blur. And interpretive dancer extraordinaire.

For those of you with strong stomachs, I'll be attempting this feat next week.
Not.
"It's not that I don't trust your desire to catch me, honey, it's just that the last muffin I ate sent me into a different weight division."

No comments:

Post a Comment