Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Where there is no vision, people perish


A friend challenged us the other day on 'vision'. As in: Where do see yourselves.....what do you want to be a part of and why.....dreams, hopes, desires etc etc.....What is your vision!?

Well, what is our vision?? I've had to think about this and I'm not sure if I have a solid answer yet, but I can tell you what's important to me.....

My marriage. My children. My family.

My friendships. My community. My church.

Our community. Our locals.

Our business.

I love to surf. Love it! It makes me smile. Fills me with delight. It also makes me mad. It challenges me. Challenges my attitudes, my selfishness, my insecurities.

But mostly, it makes me smile. Big. Inside myself.

I love my children. They are unique, expectant, full of character and full of dreams. They make me proud and I'm so in love with them, that my heart, in Justice's words, wants to "crack right open".

Russell and I love each other. No man on this earth loves me the same way and puts up with me the same way. And vice-versa.

And he is an excellent craftsman. Not only at surfboards, but in whatever he builds. He believes in excellence. Even in the unseen details. They matter to him. I love that about him. He makes me proud. He is not easily inconvenienced.


So.....back to vision.

I long to see our business grow. But not only for business-sake. For relational sake. For our children's sake. To build friendships. To build community.

The details....I'll have to get back to you on that.

Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment